Friday, August 15, 2014

Feature Friday-Sayings and Sentiments

*****To join our August Anything Goes Challenge Click Here*****


Happy Friday Paper Wings fans!!  Erica here with you today to bring you this week Feature Friday post and this week I am featuring the fabulous stamp set Saying and Sentiments!


The Sayings and Sentiments stamp is is available in the Paper Wings Productions shop and includes 12 red rubber stamps!


I created 3 cards for you today showcasing a few different sentiments from this stamp set.  The August 2014 Nesting Components Kit came with a handful of card bases so I pulled 3 of them out along with some of the papers I had left from the July Nesting Components kit.  I also used some ribbon from my stash along with some circle punches and dies to create my cards.  My first card is very simple but I still love how it turned out.  I punched out a circle in the lower right corner and then stamped the sentiment inside the circle.  I added a scallop frame to the circle and also added some ribbon to complete this card.


For my next card I decided to add some texture to the card base using an embossing folder.  Once it was embossed I punched out some circles using my circle punch and a few different pattern papers from the July kit.   I adhered the circles all over my card letting some go off the edges.  I cut off the excess with my scissors and then added my sentiment.


My last card uses the last piece of 6x6 paper from the July kit and a few strips of pattern paper.  I covered the card base with this beautiful paper and distressed the card base edges with some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I die cut a stitched circle and then punched a 2 more circle to layer on top.  I stamped out the thanks sentiment onto the cream cardstock and also sponged some distress ink around the edges.  To finish this card off I added some seam binding and some May Arts twine.


Thank you so much for joining us today!  I hope you enjoyed my cards using the stamp set Sayings and Sentiments!  This is one of my favorite sentiments stamps from the Paper Wings Productions shop!  To purchase your own set click here!  We also have a couple August and July Nesting Components kit for purchase!  You can find them HERE in the Paper Wings Productions shop.  We would love to see what you are creating with the Paper Wings Productions products!  Link up to our August Anything Goes challenge, post your projects to our Facebook page or our Flickr Gallery and always remember to let your creativity take flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...