Monday, July 14, 2014

When Angels Are Near: Bird Cage Assemblage

*****To Join our July Challenge: Click Here*****


Happy Monday Everyone, Norma here with you today!!


Today I have a sweet little bird cage assemblage piece to share with you.  This project is very simple to create and I LOVE the way it turned out.


For this project I'm using the NEW Bird Beauty stamp set along with bits and pieces from my handy dandy scrap pile :D


I embossed all of the stamped images with black Super Fine Detail embossing powder.  Then I spritzed the bird's nest with Lindy's and inked the edges.  The base is just an empty ribbon spool (I don't like anything to go to waste around here, lol).  I used my Exacto knife to cut a slit for the paper to go into. 


This bird is embossed with the same black embossing powder and inserted into the spool the same way.


To create the bird cage I used 20 gauge wire, wire cutters, the rim of a mason jar and hot glue.  I simply cut the wire into strips, wrapped them around each other on the top to create a dome and hot glued the ends inside the rim.  Next I glued the ribbon spool to the mason jar rim.


To keep with the feathered theme, I added beautiful feathered wings from the craft store.


I found the perfect hanger in my stash of findings.  The beautiful blue gemmed piece came from a local thrift store.  I think it may have been on a chandelier at some point.


I added cream colored glittered tulle to soften the edges of the wired bird cage.


An angel in near!!  

Thanks so much for joining me today and be sure to check out Erica's gorgeous projects: Accordion Mini Album & Scrapbook Saturday.  Have a beautiful day :D



4 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea for a bird cage! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Norma! Your creativity always blows me away! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...