Friday, October 18, 2013

Witch Tag

Happy Friday everyone!  Norma here to bring you some Halloween inspiration using the October Nesting Components kit and just in case you missed Dana's post using the kit, I'll be featuring that too.


We're having a lot of fun playing with all of Paper Wings Productions seasonal products this month!!  My design team sisters have been doing an amazing job with all of their spooktacular creations, don't you think?!  Today my focus will be on the wonderful Halloween themed kit.


I created this fun jumbo tag using the October Nesting Components kit, Paper Wings Productions stamps and floral accents.


I started by painting a #12 size kraft tag with black Liquitex soft body acrylic paint.


Once the paint was dry, I got to work building this patchwork styled background.  Here is a list of the steps I followed to achieve this look:
1.  Stamp and emboss the top and bottom edges using the triangle border and Lindy's Jack O'Lantern Orange embossing powder.  Both are included in the kit.
2. Trace the edges of the embossed images using a white pen.
3. Stamp and embossing the Lace with white embossing powder.
4. Stamp The Time Has Come sentiment stamp with white Stazon


I inked the edges with my finger using orange Liquitex soft body acrylic.  Then I used an empty ribbon spool to randomly stamp circles.  I also added triangle border stamped white crepe paper.


Using more of the stamped crepe paper, I created a small flower.


I used a sexy witch from the clip art sheet and mounted it on one of the 7 gypsies wicked journal pages.


To soften and dress up my tag, I used the beautiful ribbon included in the Oct. kit, the crepe flower I created, a wooden jack o'lantern, glittered floral sprays and small marigolds.


To balance the visual weight of the bottom, I added the black organza ribbon to the top and black pom pom ribbon.


Now here is a look at Dana's beautiful project using the very same kit:


To see her post, click HERE


To purchase this fun kit, visit the online store HERE

Be sure to join me again tomorrow for Scrapbook Saturday!  I'll be using the Mini Dia De Los Muertos kit to scrapbook last year's Halloween pics.

Thanks for joining me, have a beautiful and inspired day!!











8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag and the layout is wonderul too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love all of the amazing details!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, Norma! I love the detailed background stamping, and the little pumpkin flower. TFS
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag, so many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag Norma!!! Love your handmade flower out of the crate paper and the pumpkin in the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag Norma! Thanks for sharing how you built the background! I love the pop of orange and all the shimmer. I also love your creative use for the empty ribbon spool. It makes such a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...