Friday, December 21, 2012

Feature Friday - Welcome to the new design team!

Happy Friday Peeps!

I'm am SO glad that the world didn't end today because I have LOTS and LOTS of GOOD NEWS to share with you!

First, I want to thank everyone who participated in our Pin It to Win It contest.  I thought this was a really fun contest and I really enjoyed seeing all of your wish lists :)  You all have such good taste!  
The following winners will receive a stamp from their wish list:
Heather N.
Joanna C.
Lisa G.
We have sent out an email to the winners, please check your inbox!  Thanks again to everyone who participated!

There is another big reason that I am so excited about today's post!  I want to introduce to you the BRAND NEW Paper Wings Productions Design Team!  I have hand chosen these ladies to keep you inspired and show you some new ways to use your Paper Wings Productions stamps.  I hope you will follow the link on their names to their own blogs and give them a warm welcome!  I also asked them the same 5 questions to get to know them a little better.  The new team starts in January, I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what they make!


First up is Norma G.  You all have come to know her in the last several months here on the blog.  I'm so happy to say she agreed to join our team again! 

My name is Norma Gomez.  I'm blessed with a wonderful husband and three sweet boys ranging from 26-10 years of age.  That's quite a gap right?!  We're a modern family of his, hers and ours.  I also have two adorable grandchildren whom I love dearly.  I work from home while babysitting my adorable grandson, four dogs and trying to maintain the household.   Aside from all that, I'm a mixed media artist and I sell my art at a local antiques and craft mall.  I've had a life long love of anything and everything creative.  I've been sketching and playing with different art mediums for as long as I can remember.  My style and art focus has changed many times over the years but I think that mixed media best reflects who I am.  I love the freedom of expression that I get from the limitless material possibilities.  Anything you can dream of can be used to create something beautiful.   My hope is to create something beautiful that also inspires.  I want to make people smile look at my artwork and maybe even take away a little something that they needed to hear that day.  I'm honored to be a part of this talent group of designer and look forward to sharing my love of art with you.


1. Where do you find inspiration?  
My favorite way to draw inspiration is from window shopping.  I love looking at beautiful displays at little boutiques and home decor stores.  Display designers do such a wonderful job incorporating multiple layers of various items to create a beautiful and visual stimulating piece of dimensional art.

2. What 5 craft supplies do you use the most?  
The things I use most are paint, stamps, Stazon, Distress inks and precision tip scissors.

3. Describe your style.
This is a hard one, funky I hope, lol!  I like a vintage artsy look full of color and contrast with loads of layers.

4. What's your favorite color?
I love to play with all the colors in the crayon box but a shade of teal/aqua blue is usually my go to color when working on projects because it reminds me of the ocean.

5. Give us a random fact about you.
I'm obsessed with organizing but I tend to be more of organized mess kind of girl.







My name is Dana Tatar and I am a stay-at-home mom currently living in Florida. I have two daughters, Claire (6) and Scarlett (4). I married my high school sweetheart in 2003 and have been happy ever since. I graduated from Michigan State University with a B.S. in Biochemistry and worked in that field for about 3 years before I gave birth to my first daughter and decided to stay home full time. I have had many hobbies over the years, but scrapping is the one that really gives me satisfaction. I started scrapbooking to preserve memories after the birth of my first daughter and now I enjoy the creative outlet.  I love fussy cutting and flowers and both can be seen on the majority of my projects.  I create a little of everything, including layouts, cards, tags, ATCs, arches and small gift and home decor items.  When I'm not scrapping, I enjoy cooking and baking, reading, listening to music and spending time outdoors with my family and basset hound.

1. Where do you find inspiration? I frequently find inspiration in music, poetry and pop culture.  I like to incorporate color palettes from advertisements and window displays in my projects.

2. What 5 craft supplies do you use the most? The following supplies are never put away: precision scissors, patterned paper, ink, tacky glue and shiny things.

3. Describe your style.  This is always a challenge for me!  My two dominant styles are clean and simple and pretty chic.  I'm still trying and incorporating new mediums into my crafty arsenal and I'm constantly evolving.  I don't think I'll ever pick just one style and stick to it.

4. What's your favorite color? Green

5. Random Fact: I love reality TV.  The more dramatic the better.



Amber R.
My name is Amber Rasmussen, I am 28 and I live in Florence, Arizona with my High School sweetheart Jason. We have been together for 13 years and have a cute little dog named Lexis and a black cat named Pookie. I have been scrapbooking/papercrafting for about 7 years. I started with paper embroidery but now I create everything from cards, to layouts to mini albums.

1. Where do you find inspiration? I can say I definitely have a “thing” for any thing Fun and Cute. I love scanning Pinterest, Instagram, Challenge Blogs, and blog surfing for crafty inspiration.

2. What 5 craft supplies do you use the most? Patterned Paper is always a must since I use it on everything. Stamps, I almost stamp onto every project when I create. Ribbon always adds to a project. Colorful Ink Pads, color is a must. A Needle and Thread, stitching always adds a nice touch. 

3. Describe your style. If I had to describe my crating style I would say its Clean & Simple but Fun & Cute. There isn't a material or technique I won't try at least once! 

4. What's your favorite color? My favorite color is Purple. 

5. Give us a random fact about you. My desk never stays tidy for more than an hour!





Tara C
I am a long-time papercrafter and I am addicted to all the goodies that go along with this amazing hobby.  I am a card maker at heart but do dabble in other works of art like altered items and mini scrapbooks.  I have two grown children who make me very proud and a super husband that supports and encourages me in all that I do.



1. Where do you find inspiration?  I find inspiration EVERYWHERE! There is so beautiful art on the internet in great blogs and of course Pinterest.  Plus I also use magazine and catalogue pictures as inspiration and a lot of times I am inspired by a certain stamp or pad of paper.

2. What 5 craft supplies do you use the most?  The 5 craft supplies that are always within easy reach (and that I can't stop buying!) are paper, stamps, dies, ribbon and rhinestones.

3. Describe your style.  I don't think I have a particular style but I do love bright colors and lots of layers and I create some things with a vintage touch.  I've tried clean and simple but always find myself adding just a bit more and a bit more.....

4. What's your favorite color?  My favorite color, hands down, is Red!  I love lots of other colors but red has had my heart for as long as I can remember.  I love it vibrancy and cheerfulness, plus it pairs beautifully with just about every other color.

5. Tell us a random fact about you.  A random fact about me is that I was once kicked out of a Kenny Chesney concert! (hee hee)  Not as sordid as it sounds, but maybe if you're lucky, I'll tell you the whole story:)



Besides these great ladies, Shay and I will also continue to post here on the Aviary.  We are looking forward to a GREAT 2013 with you!

Have a great day and enjoy the flight!
Carrie


6 comments:

  1. congrats to all. Carrie I'm so proud of you and you are my inspiration. Thanks to Shay for everything you do also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the new DT!! Especially to my friend Norma! :) And thank you so much for picking me as a winner! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, super excited to work with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new DT!!! So excited to see not 1 but 2 friends on this... Norma and Dana!! Looking forward to seeing more work from both ladies as well as the others!!! Congrats again on a VERY talented team!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go ladies!!!!!! I am so happy for all of you....you guys are going to have GREAT FUN making stuff with the PWP stamps...even if I do say so myself ;) I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled to be a part of this talented team!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...